KALESSIN OF ORWELL IS A 33FT WESTERLY STORM. IN 2006-8 WE SAILED HER DOWN TO PORTUGAL, INTO THE MED, AND HOME THROUGH THE FRENCH CANALS. IN 2011 WE EXPLORED BALTIC GERMANY AND DENMARK. AFTER SAM'S STROKE WE CRUISED GENTLY ON THE EAST COAST, THE NETHERLANDS AND BRITTANY, AND IN 2021 SAILED TO CORNWALL AND BACK. IN 2024, FOLLOWING SAM'S DEATH, CAMILLA IS UNDERTAKING A MEMORIAL ROUND-BRITAIN CRUISE

Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]


I'm looking for crew for the next stages of my voyage around (most of) Britain in August and September 2024.

The key steps (subject to weather, my health, boat health, acts of God etc) are:

  • From around 26 August: From either SE Ireland or Pembrokeshire to Dartmouth, via the Scillies (hopefully), Newlyn and Falmouth. Two nights in Newlyn to visit my aunt if possible
  • Around 9 September : Dartmouth to Guernsey. I hope to be joined by one of my sons for this step but there is room for another crewperson.
  • Around 16 September: Guernsey to the Solent, via Alderney or Cherbourg spending on weather and tides. Two nights in Cowes if possible to visit the Southampton Boat Show
  • Around 20 September onwards: Solent to Suffolk Yacht Harbour via Eastbourne and Ramsgate.
In each case there will probably be intermediate steps but these are not planned in detail.

As you can see my crew have lots of fun on board, and I really hope it will be warmer than 2 July in Loch Fyne, when this photo was taken!

If you are interested, please contact me at editor@theca.org.uk - that's my work email address but it's probably the safest one to put on here.

Thank you!

No comments:

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib